4 Summit Avenue, Winchester, MA 01890
781-721-2846 / 781-990-8686 firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Information Security Work
· Risk management evaluation of cost vs. benefit of technology and policy decisions
· Policy review and recommendations for modifications to policy, to keep up with changing technology and business requirements
· Security guidance and review for commercial product development and modifications to production MPLS networks
· Outreach and establishing shared objectives between security teams and business units to optimize security policy compliance
· Consultation and advisory support for high priority, complex global outsource projects encompassing multiple services
· Exception requests for nonstandard firewall access in commercial networks and services supporting new product features and customer requests
· IPv6 investigations, liaison between group and larger corporate initiatives covering preparedness, inventory, migration planning, and testing
· White papers and position papers on VPN, remote access, and multivendor support gateways.
· Two patent applications filed with USPTO
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Master of Science, 1976
· Princeton University - Bachelor of Science, 1974.
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®), June 8, 2002
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA™ certified), May 18, 2000
· Checkpoint Certified System Administrator (CCSA), March 24, 25, 1998
· Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure: Communication and Literacy Skills and Mathematics, May 15, 2004
Lead Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Chief Security Office, AT&T Services, Inc. September 2000-present
4 Summit Ave, Winchester, MA 01890
- See Recent Information Security Work above.
Senior Telecommunications Specialist (and staff Consultant), Corporate Communications, 1997-2000
Stone & Webster, 245 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210.
- Managed 6 vendor shoot-out of VPN servers and selected Altiga/Cisco as the corporate internet-based remote access for all domestic and international users. Performed the initial testing, created standard configurations and instructions, and supported the help desk with 2nd level problems.
- Supported VPN solutions through internet connections using SecuRemote from CheckPoint working with Firewall-1. Also implemented LAN-to-LAN VPN's between a UK subsidiary and the corporate network in Boston using Cisco router and Altiga VPN concentrator.
- Managed corporate border security and internet firewall maintenance. As business needs and communications requirements change, design and install appropriate rule sets in the firewall.
- Evaluated the Citrix Metaframe server as an application server. Remote (international) users who have limited (slow) communications services benefited the most. Used 128bit RC5 encrypted clients for domestic clients, 56bit where encryption exports were restricted.
Manager, Information Systems 1996-1997
GEI Consultants, Inc. 1021 Main Street, Winchester, MA 01890-1970
- Designed, specified, configured, and implemented the first NT server as domain controller in corporate network as the first phase of converting from Netware to NT network.
- Coordinated communications and Information Systems hardware and software standards among offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Colorado, and California.
- Managed the wiring plant upgrade for data and voice for the corporate offices, 200 work locations spanning multiple joined buildings.
- Budgeted and planned deployment of a major corporate Information Systems computer hardware and software, and corporate communications upgrade.
Senior Technical Support Specialist and staff Consultant, Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation, Computer Department, 1987-1996
- Responsible for the first LAN pilot and corporate LAN / WAN design, implementation, and support. Banyan VINES and its StreetTalk name and directory services at that time had the best inter-organization (inter-office) transaparant communications protocols available. Managed (with other network managers), created, tested, and supported network server services including directory services, Email, file sharing, printer sharing, 3270 emulation services, and TCP/IP connectivity to Unix CAD and design systems.
- Ethernet and Token Ring connected through the Banyan servers, with the Ethernet systems more closely affiliated with the Unix workstations and servers, while the Token Ring systems connected through 3174L TIC interfaces to the IBM mainframe. The Unix workstations and servers supported engineering and supporting graphics (plant design and GIS) services, and the mainframe provided core business functions (accounting, HR).
- Established standards for workstation configuration for network connectivity for help desk and hardware support staff to use for installation and repair. I provided 2nd level support for other software and hardware problems which arose.
Senior Titled Engineer, Engineering Department, Stone & Webster. 1981-1987
Engineer, Research-Cottrell, Inc., Bound Brook, NJ. 1976-1981
Systems Security Association (ISSA),
New England Chapter,
Board of Directors (Webmaster) 2011-
Community Ethics Committee - Member 2011-
Winchester Community Music School -- Advisory Board 1999-2010
Winchester ABC (A Better Chance) -- Technology Coordinator 2000-2006
Winchester Multicultural Network -- member of Board 1997-1998, advisory Board 2000-2010
Lincoln School, Lynch School (Winchester, MA) -- Volunteer at Science Mania activities and Mentor Program (12+ years)